Patriotism



The Scent of Nationalism is brewing among my fellow countrymen

As I pass along the familiar streets 

The houses of stone and gravel,

Busy markets and noisy stores,

High apartments and mansions,

I see them decorated in the Color of Tri

Waving above gracefully

In the skies of warm blue,

Tied across a gentle flagstaff

Ever wavering in the evening breeze.


As I think to myself, The flags Raised

Whether by pride or by compulsion

And whether it is just an Act

Or true Patriotism, it does not matter

As long as people forget their differences

And come along in this aura of oneness

The community and the nation become one.

This is the Scent I breathe as I pass along the familiar streets.


- Roopesh Kumar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flash of Lightning

Phoenix Flight

An Art without beauty