A Flash of Lightning

 



I see a flash of lightning piercing through the darkness

Amidst the heavy rains pouring like the tears from the heavens

As it storms, the cold unforgiving night gets darker

The voice of the rain even louder

As I pass through the ominous grey woods

I hear the howling of the wolves from a distance

Like a warning call to depart home

I feel these tears from the high above, flowing through my arms and veins

And shivering winds wrapping firm my soul

But I still walk past the menacing blue forest

As I still follow, a flash of lighting piercing through the darkness

The brash thunder and the predators howling, play as music to my ears

The night gets ever colder, with the shivering darkness surrounding my soul

I still walk ahead towards a flash of lighting in the darkness

The rains still pouring, wolves howling and the cold night frightening

I stare at my soul, I see the darkness, but there is a flash of lightning, calling me for my quest.


- Roopesh Kumar


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Phoenix Flight

An Art without beauty